Registering To Vote
What are the requirements to register to vote in Wyoming?
In order to register to vote, you must meet the following qualifications:
- 18 years of age on Election Day;
- U.S. Citizen;
- Resident of Wyoming and the precinct in which you register;
- Withdraw voter registration from any other jurisdiction, if applicable;
- Present a valid Wyoming Driver License if you have one and if not; provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number. (If you have neither, please indicate this on the Voter Registration Application form.)
- Not been convicted of a felony, or if convicted, has had civil or voting rights restored.
- Nor adjudicated mentally incompetent.
How do I register to vote?
There are three ways to register to vote in Wyoming.
- Voters may register to vote in the office of the county clerk or town clerk within their county of residence.
- Voters may also print out a Voter Registration Form and hand deliver the form to the county clerk in their county of residence. The form must be signed in front of the county clerk.
Voters who are not currently in Wyoming or who cannot go to the county clerk’s office may register to vote by mail. Print the Voter Registration Form and follow these instructions:
- Fill out the voter registration form in front of a notary or registry agent.
- Show identification to the notary or registry agent
- Preferred option is a Wyoming Driver License.
- Second option is one form of the following:
- Different state’s driver license;
- ID card issued by a local, state or federal agency;
- U.S. passport;
- School ID;
- Or military ID.
- Third option is two of the following in any combination:
- Certification of U.S. Citizenship;
- Certificate of Naturalization;
- Draft Record;
- Voter registration card from another state or county;
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate bearing an official seal;
- Certification of birth abroad issued by the Department of State;
- Or any other form of identification issued by an official agency.
- Sign the voter registration oath.
- Have the notary or registered agent sign the form.
- Provide copies of the ID provided to the notary.
- Send the voter registration form and copies of the ID to the Fremont County Clerk.
- Wyoming allows qualified voters to register at the polls on Election Day. Bring an acceptable form of ID to the polls (for example: driver license, passport).
Do I need to re-register to vote every election?
- You moved to a different county;
- You did not vote in the last General Election.